The General’s Handbook is an essential update for all gamers in the Mortal Realms, packed with content for every kind of player. Expanding on the core rules, it’s an essential companion to matched play, toolbox for open play and treasure trove for narrative play all in one!
Inside this year’s Edition of the General’s Handbook, you'll find…
The Player’s Code – a code of conduct for players of Warhammer Age of Sigmar designed to encourage sportsmanship and good play for all gamers.
New rules for open play, including...
The Open War Army Generator – designed to generate armies for any kind of open play games, making the process of picking an army for your games quick and simple by selecting a small, medium, or large force.
Open War Terrain – presents four different methods of setting terrain up before your games, including an optional terrain generator, and optional rules to provide instructions for where you place terrain on your battlefield.
Open War Close-quarters Battle Generator – turn your dining table into an epic battlefield with rules for playing in limited spaces.
Hidden Agendas – spice up your games secondary objectives that represent the secret goals of the armies fighting a battle.
New rules for narrative play, including:
- Streets of Death – expanded rules for urban combat in the Mortal Realms, allowing you to battle through cities with rules for narrow streets, demolitions, sewers, barricades and more
- Arcane objectives – a table that adds extra narrative dimensions to the objectives in your games
- Regiments of Renown – customise your chosen units to represent their prowess in battle with six tables of special abilities
- Elixia, the Shattered City – a historical setting in the Mortal Realms that’s perfect for small-scale narrative battles
- Raids and Ambushes – thrilling asymmetric battles where one player ambushes or raids a defender.
- Naming your Heroes – generate names for your chosen champions with tables for the Stormcast Eternals, Slaves to Darkness, Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Skaven, Ironjawz, Gloomspite Gitz, Idoneth Deepkin, and Nighthaunt
- Mercenary Companies – recruit notorious mercenaries to any army, regardless of Grand Alliance, from Gargants to Fyreslayers
New rules for matched play, including:
- Updated rules for Pitched Battles – including guidance on army size, points limits, battlefield roles, allied units, warscroll battalions and more, essential for tournament play
- 12 Pitched Battle battleplans – each offering their own tactical challenges
- Pitched Battle tournaments – a set of rules designed to help you arrange your own tournaments that can be modified as you see fit
- Meeting Engagements – a set of rules that let you play fast, balanced games on small-sized battlefields designed to provide all the thrills of matched play in less than 90 minutes, plus six new Meeting Engagement Battleplans and suggested tournament rules
Conquest Unbound – updated allegiance abilities, including battle traits, command traits and artefacts of power for Darkling Covens, Dispossessed, Free Peoples, Seraphon, Wanderers, Slaves to Darkness, and Ironjawz
Pitched Battle Profiles – Pitched Battle points values, unit sizes and battlefield roles for the units you can use in games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, also including scenery, endless spells, Compendium and Forge World models